1. Click the Leaf Logo above, taking you to a website that explains the program.
2. Copy the HTML code for one of the buttons (like the one above) and paste it on your blog's sidebar. Blog about the program to increase awareness and boost participation.
3. Email your blog URL to CO2firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. For your blog, one tree will be planted in Plumas National Forest in Northern California by “Arbor Day Foundation” our partner in the U.S. for the “My blog is carbon neutral” initiative!
Go here for more information. Nicole also has a wonderful post today about ways we can make every day Earth Day.
Also, THANK YOU, Nicole (you sure are popular in my post today!) for giving me the Beautiful Blogger Award! With this award I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself. Here I go:
1. I brush and floss my teeth after every meal. Therefore, I've never had a cavity, wahoo!
2. When I feel stressed, I color with Crayola crayons and markers.
3. I exercise every day except Sunday. God said it was a day of rest so who am I to argue?
4. I LOVE the beach, but Jaws scarred me for life. I get too shaky if I stay in the ocean longer than 10 minutes, and I only go in when there are lots of people around. You know, so there's a better chance Jaws won't take a bite out of me first.
5. I had yellow blonde hair until I was 7. Then it was dark blonde until I was 13. Now it's light brown. I probably won't ever dye it until I see the beginnings of gray hairs.
6. I dream in color and experience vivid emotions in my dreams. I might not remember the dream's events, but I always remember how I felt.
7. I believe sending snail mail is a lost art. I always mail thank you cards when I receive a gift and a college friend and I correspond by snail mail. We try to keep the art alive!
I'm passing on The Beautiful Blogger Award to
ALL my followers are beautiful bloggers so if you don't already have this award go ahead and take it!
Yesterday I wrote a post about 7 ways we can be green writers so be sure to check it out. In honor of Earth Day, some quotes:
"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
"If the sight of the blue sky fills you with joy, rejoice for your soul is alive." ~Eleanora Duse
"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts." ~Rachel Carson
"Gardens and flowers have a way of bringing people together, drawing them from their homes." ~Clare Ansberry
“Look at the trees, look at the birds, look at the clouds, look at the stars... and if you have eyes you will be able to see that the whole existence is joyful. Everything is simply happy. Trees are happy for no reason; they are not going to become prime ministers or presidents and they are not going to become rich and they will never have any bank balance. Look at the flowers - for no reason. It is simply unbelievable how happy flowers are.” ~Osho
“I think it pisses God off if you walk by the color purple in a field somewhere and don't notice it.... People think pleasing God is all God care about. But any fool living in the world can see it always trying to please us back.” ~Alice Walker, The Color Purple
“I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes.” ~e.e. cummings
“Those who dwell among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life.” ~Rachel Carson
Happy Earth Day, blogging buddies!
Happy Earth Day, blogging buddies!