There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, August 29, 2011

Monday Quote Day!


Don't be in such a hurry to ‘level up’–get agented, get sold, whatever–that you miss this moment, right now. Nothing is wasted. The manuscript that didn't sell teaches you something as a writer, the query that agents didn't request could be the thing that makes your name familiar-in-a-good-way for the one they do. The trend wave you missed leaves you free to start the next one.
{Holly Root}
There are no shortcuts, and even if you took one, you might arrive unprepared for the shot at success and longevity you were longing for all that time. Everyone's experience is different, so focus on making the most of your own.
{Holly Root}
Your self-worth cannot be determined by your advance, your print run, or your sales. There is no number big enough to carry that weight.
{Holly Root}
Paper has more patience than people.
{Anne Frank}
I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.
{Anne Frank}
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
{Helen Keller}
Literature is my Utopia. Here I am not disenfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourses of my book friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness.
{Helen Keller}
We can do anything we want to if we stick to it long enough.
{Helen Keller}
Happy Monday and happy writing, Zigzaggers!!!

14 comments:

Talli Roland said...

I love Holly's first one. I always find myself in such a hurry to get ahead to the next stage that I forget to enjoy where I'm at now.

Kelley said...

Great quotes by Root. I liked them all :)

Bluestocking said...

I really liked this set of quotes, Laura. It's a great reality check but still keeps the positive energy up!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Holly was a wise woman!

Crystal Cheverie said...

Oh, my gosh - the first two quotes are exactly what I need in my writing journey!

Megan and Sarah said...

Hey Laura! Thank you so much for visiting my blog! I have a special award for you, which will be followed by an interview and will be featured on my blog! I can't wait to catch up on what you've been working on and all the bloggy goodness that you have going on! :)

Trisha Leaver said...

I think these are my favorite set of quotes yet! Thanks, I needed this today.

cleemckenzie said...

Great quotes. Loved Anne Frank's. Just visited her house in Amsterdam last month and am still recovering from that visit's impact.

Hope you're still enjoying the Spark Blogfest.

Laura Marcella said...

Talli- I know what you mean! Patience is something I don't have much of, LoL.

Kelley- Glad you like them!

Bluestocking- I agree! It's good to be inspired but keep our feet at the ground at some point, too.

Diane- She most definitely is!

Crystal- I'm happy these quotes gave you a boost then! It's funny how some days you see a blog post that gives you exactly what you needed to hear. :)

Megan & Sarah- Woohoo!!! I just saw the interview email and I LOVE the questions! I can't wait to answer them and will get them to ASAP!

Trisha- You're welcome! I'm glad the quotes were good for you!

McKenzie- Wow, I've always wanted to do that. What an amazing, unforgettable experience.

Rachna Chhabria said...

I just love Holly's quote. Its so easy to forget the small things while we are looking for the bigger things.

Karen Strong said...

Love these quotes! Especially the Helen Keller one.

Margo Berendsen said...

Another inspiring collection! I can't even pick a favorite. So neat to see quotes from Ann Frank though. So wise beyond her years.

Laura Marcella said...

Rachna- That's so true. Holly's quotes puts things into perspective!

Karen- I love Helen Keller's quotes!

Margo- It's hard picking a favorite! So many quotes inspire me. Anne Frank really was wise beyond her years.

Susanne Drazic said...

Wonderful quotes! Thanks for taking the time to share them.