There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, January 2, 2012

Monday Quote Day – Writing in the New Year!

Write for yourself and celebrate writing.
{Melinda Haynes}

You have the itch for writing born in you. It's quite incurable. What are you going to do with it?
{L.M. Montgomery}
If not now, then when?
{Sarah Ban Breathnach}
We must first see the vision in order to realize it; we must have the ideal or we cannot approach it. But when once the dream is dreamed, it is time to wake up and get busy. We must do great deeds, not dream them all day long.
{Laura Ingalls Wilder}
Whatever you do or dream you can do, begin it. Boldness has genius, power, and magic in it.
{Johann Wolfgang von Goethe}
Work begets work. Small actions lead us to the larger movements in our creative lives. What can you do, right now, in your life as it is currently constituted? Do that thing.
{Julia Cameron}
You may encounter many defeats, but you must not be defeated.
{Maya Angelou}
An idea that is developed and put into action is more important than an idea that exists only as an idea.
{Buddha}
You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world.
{Sheila Graham}
I learned this, at least, by my experiment: that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.
{Henry David Thoreau}
…She gave her a reason to write her own words, to see that words had also brought her to life. ‘Don’t punish yourself,’ she heard her say again, but there would be punishment and pain, and there would be happiness, too. That was writing.
{from THE BOOK THIEF by Markus Zusak}
A sobering thought: what if, right at this very moment, I am living up to my full potential?
{Jane Wagner}
Happy Monday and happy writing, Zigzaggers!!! May 2012 be your best year yet because you will make it happen!

19 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

An idea into action - I like that one.

Stephen Tremp said...

Thanks for stopping by. Haven't been to you site in a while Love the zebra and the whole zig zagging concept. Happy New Year to you and yours!

Laura Pauling said...

Yes! We can encounter defeat but not be defeated! That must be every writer's motto.

Bluestocking said...

The last quote and the issue of potential is a huge one -- thanks for the reminder!

Lindsay said...

Wonderful quotes. I love the Maya Angelou one!

Bish Denham said...

I love that one from Maya Angelou, too. And Melinda Haynes, speaks to my heart.

Colene Murphy said...

Ahhh! So much inspirational quotes! Makes me want to go and do NOW. I hate waiting. ;) Happy New Year!

Saumya said...

These are all awesome as always! Happy New Year, Laura :)

Journaling Woman said...

If not now then when--exactly! I need to repeat that to myself minute by minute. Maybe write it a hundred times.

Teresa

Jemi Fraser said...

I like the defeat but not defeated one best! Awesome quotes again Laura :) Happy new year!

Laura Marcella said...

Alex- So do I! We must make our ideas happen.

Stephen- Thank you and Happy New Year to you too!

Laura- I agree! It's true for many many things in life.

Bluestocking- You're welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed these quotes.

Lindsay- So do I! It's a terrific reminder to pick ourselves up when we fall and keep at it.

Bish- Both of those are great. It's hard to pick a favorite from this bunch!

Colene- Yes, that's what I like to hear! These quotes were chosen to motivate and inspire you in the new year!

Saumya- I'm glad you like them! Happy New Year to you too!

Teresa- I agree! I have it printed really big on a piece of paper and hung it by my desk.

Jemi- That seems to be the favorite from this bunch. Happy New Year to you too!

Karen Strong said...

Happy New Year, Laura.

I've always loved the Sarah Ban Breathnach quote. :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Such great quotes as always! As a fan of both L.M. Montgomery and Laura Ingalls Wilder, I was really interested in those quotes - L.M.'s sounds exactly like something I'd expect her to say, Laura's surprisingly doesn't sound so much like her voice to me! Thanks for all the inspiration! :)

Rachna Chhabria said...

Happy New Year, Laura.

"You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough. You must want it with an exuberance that erupts through the skin and joins the energy that created the world."

I love this quote :)

Tara Tyler said...

thanks, quote queen! how do you find so many!

happy prosperous new year!

Nicole Zoltack said...

Oh, those are some awesome quotes! Happy New Year!

Laura Marcella said...

Karen- Ooo, me too. Her quotes always inspire me!

Susanna- I agree about L.M.'s but I think Laura's sounds like her too! It sounds like something her Pa or Ma would've said to her.

Rachna- I'm glad you found a favorite from this bunch! I like that quote a lot too. It makes me want to reevaluate my dreams and make sure I truly want it enough!

Tara- When I read something that sings to me, I write it down and share it with you all! Happy New Year to you too!

Nicole- Hello and welcome to Wavy Lines! I'm glad you enjoyed the quotes. I post new ones every Monday so keep checking back. :) Thanks for stopping by and commenting and I appreciate the follow!

mish said...

Love the Sheila Graham one: "You can have anything you want if you want it desperately enough." Profound words!

Laura Marcella said...

Mish- I love that one too! It's a great reminder.