There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, January 30, 2012

Monday Quote Day!

In the morning, after hard work, I took a comma out of one sentence. In the afternoon I put it back again.
{Oscar Wilde}
One should not aim at being possible to understand, but at being impossible to misunderstand.
{Quintilian}
Nature is a writer's best friend.
{Agavé Powers}
So this is always the key: you have to write the book you love, the book that's alive in your heart. That's the one you have to write.
{Lurlene McDaniel}
In the end, a first-class you is better than a second-class version of somebody else. Write books that can’t be clumped with a bunch of similar ones.
{David Morrell}
Write it as it is, don’t try to make it like this or that. You can’t do it in anybody else’s way–you will have to make a way of your own.
{Sarah Orne Jewett}
Every hour you spend writing is an hour not spent fretting about your writing.
{Dennis Palumbo}
No matter where you are in the process, concentrate on that. There really is a time to every purpose under heaven. When you're ready, your time will come, the doors will slide open, and your dreams will unfold.
{Debra Lynn Lazar @ Write on Target}
Happy Monday and happy writing, Zigzaggers!!!

16 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

#1 is totally me! Love the last one. That is so true. I try to enjoy each step of the process, except the querying. That's hard to enjoy. But I deal with it by working on a new project and enjoying THAT process instead. :)

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I love Dennis Palumbo's quote. :) Thanks for sharing!

Laura Pauling said...

I've heard number one before - that's when you know you're ready to submit or take a break!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

That first one made me laugh - so true!

SP Sipal said...

I love the Quintilian quote, but that's probably harking back to my days of studying theology and coming across some people who believed that the harder it was to understand what they were saying, the smarter they were.

Matthew MacNish said...

Ooh, that Quintilian one is rather astute.

Angie Paxton said...

I love your quote Mondays. They're always so great. My favorite from today is Lurlene McDaniel's.

Karen Strong said...

It's Monday Quote Day! Yay! :)

These are great. Especially the Lurlene McDaniel one.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The Dennis Palumbo quote is some sound advice!

Bish Denham said...

I LOVE that quote by Wilde. He was just a card. And Lurlene McDaniel's speaks loudly to me.

Southpaw said...

"Every hour you spend writing is an hour not spent fretting about your writing." perfect.

Tara Tyler said...

especially the one writing vs fretting =)
thanks for a great start to the week!

Margo Kelly said...

Oh thank you thank you! I needed these today!! :) haha

Rachna Chhabria said...

I like all the quotes, especially the first one :)

Elana Johnson said...

I love this one: In the end, a first-class you is better than a second-class version of somebody else. Write books that can’t be clumped with a bunch of similar ones.
{David Morrell}

That's perfect!

Laura Marcella said...

Stina- That's a great way of looking at it! Enjoying the moment and being positive is so important.

Elizabeth- It's SO true too!

Laura- You've got that right!

Diane- I know I love that one. It's a classic!

Susan- I love Quintilian's quote too. It's good to remember that in all areas of life, not just in writing!

Matthew- I think that's one of my favorites in this bunch!

Angie- Thanks! I'm glad you like them. McDaniel's is such a good reminder to write from the heart.

Karen- Yay, I love your enthusiasm!

Alex- I agree. And it's so true!

Bish- Hahaha, I know! He usually had something funny but totally true to say about writing.

Holly- Yup, I love that one too!

Tara- You're very welcome and hope you have a great week!

Margo- Glad to hear it! Happy writing!

Rachna- That seems to be in the top 4 of favorites today!

Elana- I like that one a lot too! It's a great reminder to remain true to our inner writer and write from the heart.