There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Wednesday's Writing Workout!

Ana Porgras (Romania)
On the weekends, prompts keep my creativity warmed up so I don’t “pull a muscle” on Monday morning. During the week, prompts jump-start my writing routine. Consider using your own characters and settings for these prompts. You might come up with dazzling new ideas for your WiP! All you’ll need for these exercises is your writing materials and an open mind. Remember to drink lots of water and stretch!
Start it up!
Exercise 1
Write a scene from your life today as if you were still working at your very first job.
Ramp it up! 
Exercise 2
Write a story in which the main character is in a heated argument about something (with family or a friend or a stranger) but is definitely in the wrong. Does the character realize he’s wrong and keeps arguing anyway because he’s embarrassed? Or is she truly convinced she’s right?
Burn it up!
Exercise 3
We’re just about a quarter of the way through 2012 (already?!?). How are those new year’s resolutions coming along? Could it be time to reevaluate your vision and make new goals?
Every Wednesday I post prompts and exercises for your “writing workout” so keep checking back! Happy writing!!!
My 2 Year Blogiversary is March 29 and I’m having a giveaway! Click here to check it out and enter by tomorrow!!! Winner will be announced on Friday!

6 comments:

Journaling Woman said...

I like the first one. Makes me think of what we would say to our younger selves.

T

Journaling Woman said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Clarissa Draper said...

Actually, number two is just perfect for the story I'm going to write today.

Laura Marcella said...

Teresa- My first job was working at a Rita's Water Ice. It was a fun first job with hardly any responsibilities! But probably not such a good job for an adult with bills to pay, LoL.

Clarissa- Ooo, that's what I like to hear!! Good luck with your new story and have fun!

Margo Berendsen said...

That's funny - you are announcing your giveaway winner today, and I'm announcing that YOU WON my Scarlet giveaway today, too! Email me your address to berensen70 at yahoo dot com - congratulations! And by the way, I loved your Phillies post!

Laura Marcella said...

Margo- I sent you an email!! Thank you so much!! I'm super excited to read the book. Hope you're having a great week!