There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, November 12, 2012

Monday Quote Day!


Writing is about surprising yourself. I don’t just mean the reader here; I mean the writer, too. You should be on a journey yourself when you are writing, and hopefully, you will wind up in a new place.
{Susan Breen}

First, say to yourself what you would be; and then do what you have to do.
{Thomas W. Higginson}

Writing requires passion and commitment in order to come alive. Writers write about what intrigues and compels them, what speaks to them in the same way it will speak to their readers once they find the right way to set it all down.
{Terry Brooks}

A writer’s job is to imagine everything so personally that the fiction is as vivid as our personal memories.
{John Irving}

The answers you get depend on the questions you ask.
{Thomas Kuhn}

Sandwich every bit of criticism between two layers of praise.
{Mary Kay Ash}

Forget about being a writer and become the character.
{Nancy Kress}

Books are no more threatened by Kindle than stairs by elevators. 
{Stephen Fry}

Happy Monday and happy writing, Zigzaggers!!!

12 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Become the character - very wise words!

SA Larsenッ said...

Thomas Higginson gets it. Just sayin'...

Jennifer Shirk said...

Ha! I like Steven Fry's quote. :-)

Susanne Drazic said...

Great quotes. I especially like the last two.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

As always, the Terry Brooks quote rocks!

Dianne K. Salerni said...

Ooooh, I love Nancy Kress's quote!

Karen Strong said...

I really loved John Irving's quote.

Fabulous as always. :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Excellent quotes as always, Laura! I especially like john Irving, Nancy Kress and Stephen Fry! :)

Lindsay N. Currie said...

HA, I love the one about the Kindle:)

Susan Fields said...

I love that quote about becoming the character - a good thing to remember!

Jasmyne Wright said...

I have ONE qoute:
"Have you ever seen a raven that is like a writing desk?"~The Mad Hatter in Alice in Wonderland.

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, everyone!! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm glad you enjoyed the quotes this week. Jasmyne, thank you for sharing that Mad Hatter quote!

I hope you're all having a terrific week. Happy writing!!

Love,
Laura