There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, December 3, 2012

Monday Quote Day!


Usually all the elements are always right there in front of you. Your work as a writer is to craft the scenes into a well-plotted story.
{Martha Alderson}

The truth is that coming up with ideas is easy; it’s making up the stories that grow out of them that’s hard.
{Terry Brooks}

Anything that gets on to the bestseller list deserves to be there. And even if it is not your cup of Darjeeling, never doubt that the author of The Da Vinci Code is as serious in his intent as the author of Atonement.
{Tony Parsons}

To be successful, the first thing to do is fall in love with your work.
{Sister Mary Lauretta}

Life is much simpler ignoring reviews and the nasty people who write them.
{John Grisham}

A bad review is like baking a cake with all the best ingredients 
and having someone sit on it.
{Danielle Steel}

Mistakes are a fact of life. It is the response to error that counts.
{Nikki Giovanni}

Only a few, who remain children at heart, can ever find that fair, lost path [to fairyland] again; and blessed are they above mortals. They, and only they, can bring us tidings from that dear country where we once sojourned and from which we must evermore be exiles. The world calls them its singers and poets and artists and storytellers; but they are just people who have never forgotten the way to fairyland.
{Lucy Maud Montgomery}

Happy Monday and happy writing, Zigzaggers!!!

10 comments:

L. Diane Wolfe said...

I like Grisham's advice.

Clarissa Draper said...

I totally agree with Brooks. It's the writing that is the hard part. Most, if not all people have a great story idea but you're only a writer if you've sat down to write the story.

SA Larsenッ said...

Terry Brooks just hit it on the head for me. I have so many ideas with my current MG WIP that I can't seem to find direction to move into ACT II!!

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Mr. Brooks, please share some of your ideas then! I'm sure I can come up with something.

Karen Strong said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing. Love the Nikki Giovanni quote. She's one of my favorite poets. :)

Margo Berendsen said...

Awwww! I love that Lucy Maud Mont. quote!!!! Reminds me why I am a writer even when I feel like it's a painful path I chose.

Saumya said...

Yay!! Love all of these and your quote days :) Hope you're well, Laura and major CONGRATS on NaNo. So exciting and inspiring!

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

Excellent quotes! i love the Terry Brooks one - so true - and I love pretty much everything L.M. Montgomery ever said :)

Tara Tyler said...

fave of the week, danielle steel!
thanks for the tidbits!

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, everyone!

I'm glad you like the quotes. I enjoy sharing the ones that speak to me most with all of you! Thanks for visiting and commenting. I hope you're having a great week!!

Love,
Laura