There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Quote Day!

Today I must write a paragraph or a page better than I did yesterday.
{Ernest J. Gaines}

That famous writer’s block is a myth as far as I’m concerned. I think bad writers must have a great difficulty writing. They don’t want to do it. They have become writers out of reasons of ambition. It must be a great strain to them to make marks on a page when they really have nothing much to say, and don’t enjoy doing it. I’m not so sure what I have to say but I certainly enjoy making sentences.
{Gore Vidal}

Believe in yourself and you can achieve greatness in your life.
{Judy Blume}

Language helps develop life as surely as it reflects life. It is a most important part of our human condition.
{Jane Yolen}

If you’re feeling hampered, I highly recommend this: writing without a net, writing without everyone else whispering in your ear. Not because the genre is hot, not because you want to be taken seriously, not because you feel like you should write something. Write what you want, write how you want.
{Allison Winn Scotch}

The true novelist is one who understands the work as a continuous poem, is a myth-maker, and the wonder of the art resides in the endless different ways of telling a story.
{Muriel Spark}

Write the kinds of stories you like to read. If you don’t love what you’re writing, no one else will, either.
{Meg Cabot}

I'm a little pencil in the hand of a writing God, who is sending a love letter to the world.
{Mother Teresa}

Have a great week and happy writing, Zigzaggers!

24 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Some good advice here! I liked Allison Scotch's and Mother Teresa's, in particular. :)

Natalie Aguirre said...

Loved the quotes by Judy Blume and Mother Teresa. Thanks for the Monday inspiration.

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I've missed your quotes.

I definitely subscribe to the write what you love mantra.

Summer Ross said...

Super quotes today! Love the writing without a net one...just what i needed to hear. :)
~Summer

Em-Musing said...

Inspiring quotes, as always, especially Gore's.

Fida Islaih said...

Great quotes and advice! Thanks for sharing!

Creepy Query Girl said...

Perfect quotes, as usual! especially like Meg Cabot's quote since it's one I live by when it comes to my writing.

Sarah Chafin said...

Inspiring quotes. I love the without a net one and the Meg Cabot one.

Joanne Clancy said...

Great post, Laura! I particularly like the one "writing without a net".
I came across your blog on the A to Z Challenge, and I wanted to nominate you for a Liebster Award :)
You can check out the details here:
http://joanneclancy.blogspot.ie/

middle grade ninja said...

Meg Cabot's quote is classic and so true. Good to remember. Thanks for sharing!

Sheena-kay Graham said...

Thanks for the quotes.

Clarissa Draper said...

I really love your Monday quotes!

LD Masterson said...

Meg Cabot's quote rings true for me.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I write the stories I want to read!

L. Diane Wolfe said...

The Mother Teresa one is beautiful.

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

I really agree with the writer's block quote. I think you only get block if you don't like what you're writing. just my opinion.

Susan Flett Swiderski said...

Great quotes! I especially like the one from Judy Blume. Thanks for sharing them.

Tara Tyler said...

love the quotes, as usual! glad to be back to almost normal!
was wondering how you keep track of your quotes. i never read the same one twice!

wish i had known about screen free week! taking away screens is a punishment in my house! i fear for our next generations! they read from screens too!

and adore your quotes about reading v tv, esp doahl's poem. great stuff!

Susanne Drazic said...

I like the Judy Blume quote.

Beverly Fox said...

These are great! Thanks for sharing the inspirationals!

Christina Lee said...

Hmmm that Gore Vidal one is making me think!

Julie Dao said...

I love the idea of being a "myth-maker"!!!

DL Hammons said...

To be honest...none of those really spoke to me this week. :(

L.G. Keltner said...

I'm stopping by as part of the Post A-Z Road Trip! Love your blog!

As a fellow writer, I loved these quotes!