There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, March 24, 2014

Monday Quote Day!

If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.
{Nora Roberts}

I want the reader to feel something is astonishing. Not the ‘what happens’ but the way everything happens. 
{Alice Munro}

Be what you are. This is the first step to becoming better than you are.
{J.C. Hare and A.W. Hare}

I enjoy writing, sometimes; I think that most writers will tell you about the agony of writing more than the joy of writing, but writing is what I was meant to do.
{Leon Uris}

You don’t sit up in a cave and write the Great American Novel and know it is utterly superb, and then throw it page by page into the fire. You just don’t do that. You send it out. You have to send it out.
{Theodore Sturgeon}

I still can’t decide which is more fun–reading or writing.
{Rex Stout}

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings.
{William Blake}

I think literature is best when it's voicing what we would prefer not to talk about.
{Rick Moody}

Have a great week and happy writing, Zigzaggers!

9 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

Nice quotes for this Monday! I think I like Sturgeon's today...we've got to keep sending work out.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

First one is the best!

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Nora Roberts has great advice. Not surprising.

shelly said...

Great quotes. I really love writing when I finally figure out what my characters know what they're doing.

Hugs and chocolate!
Shelly

Jo said...

I like Robert Blake best.

Jemi Fraser said...

Nora Roberts is a very smart lady - love her books too! :)

Krista McLaughlin said...

I like Rex's quote! Sometimes I really can't decide if I like writing better or reading, especially when I'm reading a great book!

Shelley Sly said...

I love that Nora Roberts quote. Very true! Thanks for the inspiration, as always. :)

Misha Gericke said...

That Rick Moody quote is so true.

Are you going to do Camp NaNo in April? :-)