There's no end
to the things you might know, depending how far beyond Zebra you go! {Dr. Seuss}

Monday, March 31, 2014

Monday Quote Day!

There is no secret to writing. It’s discipline and sticking to it.
{Aravind Adiga}

But I still feel I waste a lot of time leaning on my elbow and thinking to myself, ‘Alright, sucker, now what?’
{Peter S. Beagle}

There is something delicious about writing the first words of a story. You never quite know where they’ll take you.
{Beatrix Potter}

If your success is not on your own terms, if it looks good to the world but does not feel good in your heart, it is not success at all.
{Anna Quindlen}

I don’t go back and look at my early work, because the last time I did, many years ago, it left me cringing. If one publishes, then one is creating a public record of Learning to Write.
{Lorrie Moore}

When life sucks, read. They can’t yell at you for that. And if they do, then you can ignore them.
 {Laurie Halse Anderson}

There are a thousand thoughts laying within a man that he does not know till he takes up the pen to write.
{William Makepeace Thackeray}

I read so I can live more than one life in more than one place.
{Anne Tyler}

I’m participating in the A to Z Blogging Challenge, which starts tomorrow! If you’re interested, you can still sign up here
My theme is The Writer’s Inspiration. Each post will be a sentence or two on what inspired a writer’s book. If you guess* the correct book and author in the comments, you’ll receive a point. Whoever has the most points from A to Z will receive a fun gift package! 
*Asking a friend or searching the internet is okay, too!

Monday Quote Day will be back on May 5.

Have a great week and happy writing, Zigzaggers!

2014 A to Z Blogging Challenge

9 comments:

Elizabeth Spann Craig/Riley Adams said...

I like Anne Tyler's. :) Reading and writing are both wonderful escapes.

L. Diane Wolfe said...

Think of all the thoughts that are never written on paper.

Em-Musing said...

...and I'm learning the discipline of writing - Editing!

Jo said...

I loved Beatrix Potter's quote. She was such a great children's writer.

Look forward to your A to Z.

Alex Hurst said...

Those are some wonderful quotes. A-Z is three hours away over here! Very excited. :)

Alex Hurst, fantasy author in Japan, participating in Blogging A-Z April Challenge.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm with Lorrie Moore - I don't go back and read my books either!

Laurel Garver said...

I love the Thackeray quote. I'm very often surprised by what comes out when I write. Obviously they're my thoughts, but the act of creating does cause the deep stuff you're not conscious of to bubble up.

See you at the A-Z starting tomorrow! Woot woot!

Teresa Powell Coltrin said...

William Makepeace Thackeray's quote is my favorite today.

shelly said...

I liked the last quote.

Hugs and chocolate!